Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Strange Unexpected token: void
MfieldsM
Post Strange Unexpected token: void
on: February 21, 2019, 05:15

Getting this error when trying to run the controller, I am thinking I am missing a bracket somewhere but for the life of me I can't get it, if there is anyone who nabbed this or had the same issue let me know, I'll be here.

Getting the error in the void setup() for line 560...

MfieldsM
Post Re: Strange Unexpected token: void
on: February 21, 2019, 05:35

Here is the error message... I am prehaps just running out of gas here. Everything else so far seems to have been iroened out, firmware finally uploaded smoothly after resolving some of my missteps almost there...

Thanks All!

Can't wait to start drawing

MfieldsM
on: February 21, 2019, 05:49

Also running the application, not sure if I need the latest polargraph purchase here, I am planning to get that rigg for now I am running on an uno and adafruit v2.3

sandy
Administrator
on: February 21, 2019, 21:47

Looks like you got it running - good work - but I'm not sure what I can see wrong in the last picture? Looks ok to me?

You don't need a "brand name" polargraph to use the controller, it all works on anything that's running polargraph_server_a1.

sn

MfieldsM
on: February 22, 2019, 01:30

Sandy,

Thanks for the reply! I thought all was good as well, though the Controller is not connecting with the firmware/hardware, even going into to connect to Com10, but little happens after that, I am running the server a1 on the Arduino Adafruit setup, should I compile on 1.6.6? I am currently using 1.8.5 IDE.

I will keep trying, thanks for the help, I was looking at the shop and it seems only the Basic unit is available, do you have an idea for shipping time to Upstate New York?

sandy
Administrator
on: February 22, 2019, 19:45

Yes 1.8.5 is fine. You can check if the firmware is running ok by connecting to the arduino using the serial monitor feature in the Arduino IDE (baud rate 57600), and you'll see some messages when it starts up. If you can't connect using the Arduino IDE, then you won't be able to connect using the polargraph controller.

Since you're running the controller from source, you will also see the same raw information in the console portion of the Processing IDE.

Remember that two applications (Arduino IDE and Processing IDE) cannot connect to the arduino at once.

sn

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.022 seconds.