Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Upload SVG or JPG files to Polargraph controller
z.chen
z.chen
Post Upload SVG or JPG files to Polargraph controller
on: November 13, 2019, 13:32

Hello, I used an older version of the Polargraph controller, and I found that I couldn't upload the SVG files which I exported with Adobe Illustrator, and this Polargraph controller could only read the SVG files which I had converted from the online converter. Does anyone know why? Or does anyone know that this old version of the Polargraph controller can draw JPG files?
Thanks.

sandy
Administrator
sandy
Post Re: Upload SVG or JPG files to Polargraph controller
on: November 15, 2019, 21:00

Not sure why some SVGs work and others don't but one thing you definitely need to do if you're drawing text is to make sure you convert to outlines first - the controller can't draw text itself, only the lines once it's been converted.
All versions of the controller can load JPGs in bitmap mode ("load bitmap...") - perhaps there was a very old version that could only load PNGs?
sn

sandy
Administrator
sandy
Post Re: Upload SVG or JPG files to Polargraph controller
on: November 15, 2019, 21:00

Not sure why some SVGs work and others don't but one thing you definitely need to do if you're drawing text is to make sure you convert to outlines first - the controller can't draw text itself, only the lines once it's been converted.
All versions of the controller can load JPGs in bitmap mode ("load bitmap...") - perhaps there was a very old version that could only load PNGs?
sn

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.028 seconds.