Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: pen width,grid
motorimicr-
o
Post pen width,grid
on: January 14, 2020, 11:32

i read a lot , i understand the combination between grid and pen size, but polargraph controller don't have a real preview so i have a lot of problem how to calibrate my grid. (my pen width is 0,3.

what it mean:

max density for pen size: 0,8:rowsize:192 is 1 ? thank you

sandy
Administrator
sandy
Post Re: pen width,grid
on: January 16, 2020, 21:59

That message means

That when you have a pen size of 0.8mm, and your row size is 192 steps, then I can only fit 1 wave into each pixel.

What that means is that one wave, at that thickness will entirely fill the pixel. There will be no variability, no half-tones.

I'm a bit surprised to see it, because 192 is usually a very large pixel. Are you using a very highly geared motor? So it has a very high stepsPerRev?

Secondly - If the machine thinks the pen size is 0.8, then it's because it has not understood your instruction to change the pen size to 0.3. You'd need to send that with a "send pen width" command.

sn

motorimicr-
o
Post Re: pen width,grid
on: January 19, 2020, 10:53

i have 28bjy -48 stepper motor that are very fine motor
1/8 microstepping
16384 step/rev
125 mm/rev
I do not remember which test I was doing and with what settings, but now that you have explained the meaning of that line I can better check it and I will report to you in this post if I still feel anomalies.
I also noticed that the software did not understand that I had set a pen size of 0.3; I'm sure I have saved and uploaded the configuration anyway.
however, now give me time to check everything again, now having understood the meaning of that line.
thank you so much

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.016 seconds.