Hi, name is Leo, I’m new to Arduino, and I choose this to be my first project to work on.
Long-short, I could use some guidance. I suspect the issue I’m having is related to MM/Rev, STEPS/Rev, Step X, or a combination of the three.
Now the long bit.
Initial Instruction followed:
Parts Purchase (all sourced from Amazon)
- UNO R3
- HiLetgo L293D DC Motor Drive Shield Stepper Motor Drive Shield Expansion Board for Arduino
- L293D DIP 16-pin IC Stepper Motor Drivers Controllers
- Nema 17 Stepper Motor 42 Motor 1.5A (17HS4401), 1.8 degrees per step, 200 steps per revolution
- 20 Teeth Timing Pulley Wheel, 16mm diameter
- GT2 Timing Belt (16ft)
- And other things the kit from the Intractables.com website recommended
Testing on Windows 10, final home will be a Linux laptop
- Arduino IDE 1.0.5-r2
- Processing 2.2.1
- Polargraph 2017-11-01
# *** Polargraph properties file ***
#Sun Jul 19 00:14:00 EDT 2020
Machine is not currently built. As it stands, it’s bunch of pieces and wires sitting on my workbench. I wanted to make sure everything turned on and ran as expected before I went through the hassle of putting it all together. The dimension of the machine I would like to build will be roughly 1220mm x 1220mm or 4ft x 4ft.
I would like to also say that I did get it to work right one with this setup, or at least have the motors behave like it was processing the commands being sent to it, but I did not write any of the settings down and have not been able to replicated since. So, I know the equipment I bought works, I just can’t figure out why my last 20-30 attempts to run a test result have resulted in “This point falls outside the area this of this machine” error messages being spit out.
Any assistance would be appreciated.