Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Inkscape Text problems
STEM_Robot-
ix
Post Inkscape Text problems
on: June 6, 2019, 17:07

Hi all,
Been having a great time using a diy polargraph:
Arduino Uno, big easy drivers, NEMA 17 steppers,
Polargraph controller dated 2017-11-01

Using it to work with younger students. Primarily using turtle as a way too teach/explain geometry/programming (python). We've been creating nice geometric svg files that plot fantastically. In fact, the kids most enjoy watching their python programs "come to life". Would be great to be able to add some text description built in to the print.

Trying to get inkscape to be able to create text svg files that the polargraph can fully plot. I've been using the workaround described in an earlier post :

Forum

While that resolves most of the non straight elements correctly, there is an offset of some of the cut objects, in the case of Times New Roman, that is only letters A & B. Other similar letters seem to work fine. Not sure why just A & B?

This is still the workaround of exporting as a pdf, reimporting the pdf and saving as a new svg.

Is there a fix for this? A better work around? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Randy

sandy
Administrator
sandy
Post Re: Inkscape Text problems
on: June 8, 2019, 17:56

Hi, I don't think I can explain that, SVG loading is quite opaque and I get totally variable results when loading files created in inkscape - the entire B is missing in my test export! I always get good results from Adobe Illustrator.

In the controller, SVG loading is wrapped up inside the Geomerative library, it's not something that's programmed in the controller itself.

sn

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.039 seconds.