my name is Jürgen from Germany - a few weeks ago I discovered v-plotters for the very first time and tried to build one on my own using the polargraph software - I succeeded and got some really nice results until my power-supply died (I ignored that it was too weak)
I run an arduino-uno clone
with a clone adafruit V1 motor-shield
2 NEMA 17 stepper motors
and my polargraph software is the most recent from 1 nov 17
I bought a new 12V DC 30A power supply that seems to work fine - my multimeter shows 12.03 volt and the old PC-Fan works properly.
The photo on top shows the last correct drawing which ended unexpected leaving the motors just making some high-frequency noises.
After setting the whole thing up again I got the drawing on the bottom with motors shaking and obviously not doing what they should do.
The Adafruit V1 motor-test is also not working properly, so it does not necessarily seem to be a software-problem.
Does anybody have a hint on how to find the error in my setup - which item should be replaced first to make it run again.
I would be so glad to get some help - maybe someone already experienced a similar behaviour of the hardware.