Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Death to Sharpie Import Problems
Connor_B
Post Death to Sharpie Import Problems
on: January 26, 2019, 01:06

Hello all! I'm new to the wonderful world of Polargraph and as is evident from me writing this post at 1AM I am quite enthralled.

for the past couple of days I've been attempting to use the death to sharpie gcode creator after seeing some impressive results on the forums. However i am running into import issues. the software seems to create the gcode fine and it can be viewed complete in online gcode viewers, but when I come to upload it to the controller I seem to run into an error where it will only import a small number of the lines, I've now tried this on two separate computers both windows and mac and I'm not getting anywhere I would be eternally grateful if someone could shed some light on the matter. i'll attach some screenshots of the messages, previews and controller logs, hope that helps!

thanks and all the best

sandy
Administrator
sandy
Post Re: Death to Sharpie Import Problems
on: January 26, 2019, 20:30

Would need to have a look at the actual g-code. The only thing I've seen go wrong when parsing the output of D2S is around how the controller detects whether the pen is up or down.

Now it looks like that bit is working ok, because _some_ lines are being imported. If it wasn't working, then nothing would have been imported. But - the text in the log is funny - "assume first z..." I'd expect the numbers on the ends of those two lines to be different! I can have a look at the gcode if you email it through (sandy at polargraph.co.uk) or send a link.

sn

kongorilla
Pro
kongorilla
on: January 26, 2019, 23:50

It looks like we're seeing the moves when the pen should be up, rather than what should be drawn.

Connor_B
on: January 27, 2019, 00:59

Thank you both for the responses! it seems that in the end there were some mystery G commands being generated at the start and end of the gcode and there also appears to be a second pen lift command immediately after the first one very strange! anyways I've got it all up and running now which is excellent!
for future reference the parts that I removed were:
G21
G90
G1 Z0
at the start
G1 X0.10 Y0.10
G1 X0 y0
at the end
mow it all imports and draws great!

thanks again for the help!

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.021 seconds.