Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Polargraph Optimiser
yasirhawk
Post Re: Polargraph Optimiser
on: March 23, 2020, 15:06

Quote from yasirhawk on March 21, 2020, 15:45
thanks,,, perfect..... 🙂
sandy can you share your email kindly ,i want to mail you???

yasirhawk
on: March 25, 2020, 15:18

latest polargraph controller gives error while open in processing 3.
its open well in processing 2.whats reason?

yasirhawk
on: March 28, 2020, 06:54

reply me?

yasirhawk
on: March 28, 2020, 15:27

()

sandy
Administrator
sandy
on: March 28, 2020, 17:06

Polargraph Controller only works in Processing v2.2.1.

Distorted drawings - narrow bottom
The drawing tapers as the pen moves down the page, and has a concave bottom row.

Usually: The pen is actually slightly higher up the page than the machine thinks it is / The strings are slightly shorter than the machine thinks they are.

Maybe your home point is physically higher than you have told the controller, or the pen was actually higher than the home point when it was calibrated.

Less commonly: Bad specification. The pen is in the right place, but the machine is physically narrower than it thinks it is.

So the machine thinks the distance to the home point is 800mm (for instance), but it's actually only 750mm.

Solution: Measure, fix, re-upload machine spec!

Do a bit of diagnosis by doing set home then physically moving the pen 10mm down, and see if that makes the distortion better or worse. Select an area in the controller and do Draw outline selected to quickly sketch out a rectangle for testing.

https://github.com/euphy/polargraph/wiki/Distorted-drawings#narrow-bottom

yasirhawk
on: March 29, 2020, 17:31

ok,

sandy
Administrator
sandy
on: March 29, 2020, 19:05

No ratio - the position of the home point is arbitrary. I put it where it is because that was easy to measure, kept the pen off the drawing paper until it was actually drawing and did not put too much strain on the motors while they were holding the cord stationery.

For very large machine where I can't reach the top easily (without a stepladder), I make the home point down at the bottom.

Pulley size, stepper size or step count and machine size are not related.

Important value:
mm per rev – This is the length of string dealt out by one revolution of the motor.
Steps per rev – This is the number of whole steps that the motor is capable of making.
Step multiplier – This is the default microstepping value. This one depends on which motorshield you're using, and how you've set up the firmware.

What does the inner and outer of a pulley refer to?

sn

yasirhawk
on: March 30, 2020, 18:51

its setting...

sandy
Administrator
sandy
on: March 31, 2020, 21:11

Hello,

The only requirement for the home point is that it is in a position that the motors can hold still. So the angle of the cord going to the gondola is the thing that really matters. That's why very wide machines usually have lower home points.

You need to set your mmPerRev. As stated, this is the amount of cord that the spool will let our in one revolution. It is not the diameter. If your bobbin there is a standard sewing bobbin, then the core is probably about 8mm across. However, since the cord is so thick and the bobbin is so small, the diameter of the core of the bobbin will change rapidly as line is wound on and off the spool.

10mm diameter might be ok as the average. Now, when you unwind that spool one full revolution, you'll find about 31mm of cord is let out, so your mm Per Rev is 31.

Note that you will never have a very accurate machine because the diameter of your spools will be changing constantly with such small spools and such a large machine.

You have your machine set to 1450mm wide, so your motors must be 1450mm apart from one another. Because your cord is leaving the underside of the spool, your distance measurements should be from the outside edge of the spools. The 1300 is the size of your paper, and is not a relevant measurement for calibration.

Your drawing is skewed to one side, so this shows that your centre line is not actually central. It should be exactly in the middle.

(see pic)

Your stepMultiplier is set to 4. This is unusual. This depends on what microstepping setting you have configured in your firmware and your hardware.

yasirhawk
on: April 1, 2020, 16:50

machine spec,

sandy
Administrator
sandy
on: April 1, 2020, 18:54

All problems about "line not on the page" are caused by a mismatch between the commands that are being sent, and the state or size of the machine that is receiving them. Most of these problems are due to forgetting to "set home".

There are a small set of problems that come from uploading an incomplete machine spec, or by the upload processing breaking somehow.

If the machine spec has been synchronised between the machine and the controller, there is no situation in which "set home" followed by movement within the boundary of the machine will result in a "line not on the page".

sn

yasirhawk
on: April 2, 2020, 06:39
yasirhawk
on: April 2, 2020, 06:43

sandy
Administrator
sandy
on: April 4, 2020, 01:07

Hello, I don't think I understand what you mean.

You upload the machine spec by sending "upload machine spec", that sends a series of commands. It probably is working. I don't see any "set home" (C09) your queue. I'm puzzled how drawing a simple square has resulted in so many error responses.

If you are running this through Processing, you will normally see more information that you can use to diagnose issues in the console - the black-and-white lower section of the text editor.

Two things to try: Restart the arduino. It will send some messages into the console that describe the settings of the machine, starting with "POLARGRAPH ON!". That will hopefully confirm that the setting have been received properly when you did "upload machine spec". Copy and paste it here if it doesn't make sense.

Next thing is to submit a "set home" followed by a "draw outline" and show the info from the console.

sn

yasirhawk
on: April 4, 2020, 07:00

thanks..
i have diagnose that issue if (controller not coordinate with machine specs properly). i put machine specs in boot , and its works perfect as its to be....

adolfo o.s
on: April 16, 2020, 16:54

Hola, como es el procedimiento para optimizar polargraph?, no entiendo como hacerlo.

Que significa el error:E10.09.18 C25 PGXXABCD.END not recognised.

El servo motor del lapiz, al principio del dibujo sube bien luego no lo hace mas, como puedo arreglar esto.

Gracias.

[email][/email]Hola, la maquina de dibujo que construí esta algo mal calibrada, al principio del dibujo el servo motor del lápiz sube y baja bien, pero luego no sube mas y se queda quieto, y el dibujo queda mal. Me aparece un error"E 10.09.18 C25 PGXXABCD.END not recognised". ¡sera por esto que la maquina no funciona bien?, como lo puedo corregir?.

Gracias. aos1611@hotmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.048 seconds.