Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: ULN2003_DRIVER Support
sandy
Administrator
sandy
Post Re: ULN2003_DRIVER Support
on: April 9, 2016, 21:05

Followed up: http://www.polargraph.co.uk/forum/polargraphs-group2/troubleshooting-forum5/uln2003-28ybj-48-motorb-rotates-in-wrong-direction-thread535.0

shubham
on: April 19, 2020, 16:38

Hi,
I followed these steps. I'm using ULN2003 and a 9g servo for penup/down mechanism, I have the steppers working, but pen up/down isn't working at all.
I tried to debug, penHeight is not getting attached to pin 10.

need help!!!

westech
on: June 20, 2020, 04:20

Greetings!

I'm having a similar problem.

Arduino Nano + ULN2003 + 28YBJ-48. The motors do not run when I execute a draw vector command. I am connected, The Queu is running, my Servo moves. But nothing on the motors.

What I have tried:

1) I ran a test script and the wiring is correct. I can get the 2003 blinking and motors move.

2) In the polargraph_server_a1.i I did define ULN2003, And the pins are good in configuration..h.

3) is there any commands I can type in Arduino Serial monitor to move a motor? Just in case it is the Windows software.

I can switch to other motors and drivers but I'm follow a project on youtube called:

New Design mXY Board _ Low-Budget XY Plotter Drawing Robot Board

Just would like to see why the driver is not getting signals from the Arduino.

Thanks

Max

sandy
Administrator
sandy
on: June 20, 2020, 22:49

Hi! I don't have much experience of using those kinds of drivers. However - you can use the C01 command (change length) to move the motors without having to add any other kind of context (like set home or whatnot).

C01,<left length>,<right length>,END is the format, so entering C01,2000,2000,END at the serial monitor in arduino will instruct the machine to change the lengths of the cords to 2000 steps each. The default start length is 800mm - but the actual length in steps that you start with depends on what you have set as steps per rev and mm per rev. It doesn't really matter since you're only really trying to check whether it works or not.

The baud rate is 57600. I _can't remember_ what the proper line ending is! Try them all! No harm, and you should get a response if it works ok "BUSY", then "READY".

sn

westech
on: June 21, 2020, 05:51

Thanks Sandy!

I understand. Just troubleshooting. If this doesn't work I have Nema 17s and proper stepper drivers. Just wanted to see how cheap we could go for schools. I even designed a version with 3d Printed spindles so we can use fishing line rather than belt and pulleys. We used the fishing line years ago on small delta printers.

Thanks
again!

sandy
Administrator
sandy
on: June 21, 2020, 14:13

No problem - sorry I can't add much! Good luck though, other folks definitely have had success with those drivers.

sn

Pages: 1 [2]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.113 seconds.