Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: speed motor dont change
motorimicr-
o
Post speed motor dont change
on: January 2, 2020, 11:26

hello everyone and congratulations for your interests and passions are my same.
I ask you for help, I just built my first polargraph and I'm having some problems.
I finally managed to get the hardware to work but the first thing I notice is that even if the speed of the engines and its acceleration vary on the software, the result does not change.
my engines are gods
28bjy48 12 volts
1/8 microstepping

an idea? thank you

motorimicr-
o
Post Re: speed motor dont change
on: January 2, 2020, 11:28

also this

sandy
Administrator
sandy
Post Re: speed motor dont change
on: January 3, 2020, 00:58

Hello there, if you have an acceleration of 100,000 (steps per second, per second) then it will accelerate so fast that there will be no apparent ramp at all, so that might be your issue. Try a much lower speed (1000) and see if there is any difference. You may not need much acceleration if your pen is moving at quite low speed anyway.

The other one is that you need to remember to "send speed" every time you change it in the controller.

Acceleration has two purposes in Polargraph: 1) Make sure the motor does not drop steps by moving too fast and 2) make sure the pen doesn't jerk around too much on the string. The first one is important for direct-drive stepper motors and less important for your geared motors. The second one is important when moving fast, but it is also a matter of taste! Sometimes the jerky corners are nice.

sn

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.019 seconds.