Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Polargraphcontroller java fontsize
matthias10-
Post Polargraphcontroller java fontsize
on: May 11, 2020, 18:07

Hi all,
I am on my way building a machine. Making good progress.
Hardware is setup. Polargraph executes within processing.
But I am struggling with the menu font size. I am not a java expert.
Has anybody a hint for me how to modify the menue font size within processing source files
Thx
Matthias

sandy
Administrator
sandy
Post Re: Polargraphcontroller java fontsize
on: May 12, 2020, 22:43

Hi! I'm not sure if you mean the font size inside the Processing IDE itself (File, Edit etc) or the size of the user interface in the Polargraphcontroller (the buttons, text on the buttons etc).

The outcome is the same for both (can't do it) but for slightly different reasons. Both Processing v2 and the UI library that Polargraphcontroller uses (it's called ControlP5) were made when high res monitors weren't that common, so that's why they're so small. Processing 2 never got a hiDPI mode - or not a very good one anyway. Processing 3 is much better in that way, but of course Polargraphcontroller doesn't run in Processing 3!

Font sizes can be changed in the code, ControlP5 has that feature but I've never really tried it. AND... The way the UI is constructed and defined in Polargraphcontroller would make it hard - it's quite hard-coded around the size of buttons being linked ot the size of the text.

Sorry not to have better news. Some kind of zoom on your display is the most straightforward option.

Sandy

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.022 seconds.