Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Melt: New Polargraph Controller is now an app
gonzamoigu-
er
Post Melt: New Polargraph Controller is now an app
on: December 6, 2018, 04:35

A few weeks ago I posted a controller I was developing for the Polargraph, but instructions to use were pretty hard to follow, so I have now managed to compile it into a standalone Mac or Windows app.

Head over here for the project https://github.com/gonzam88/melt-app
Or go straight to downloads: https://github.com/gonzam88/melt-app/releases

I would appreciate your feedback as to what features you would like to see. Of course everyone is welcome to contribute in the development.

kongorilla
Pro
kongorilla
Post Re: Melt: New Polargraph Controller is now an app
on: December 6, 2018, 05:18

Thanks for sharing -- I'll try it out soon. (As soon as my cold abates enough for me to concentrate on something for more than a few seconds). *cough*sniff*

Matthias
on: December 8, 2018, 11:10

hey, wow very nice! I really like it! but have problems with serial connecting to PolargraphSD v3

gonzamoigu-
er
on: December 8, 2018, 19:21

Quote from Matthias on December 8, 2018, 11:10
hey, wow very nice! I really like it! but have problems with serial connecting to PolargraphSD v3

Hi thanks for trying it out and for the feedback. Unfortunately I only have an Arduino UNO with polargraph_server_a1 to test out, and also I realized I didn't enable developer console or error logging in the build, I will on next release.

Could you elaborate more on symptoms? Does it ever connect? Does it connect but doesnt respond to commands?
thanks!

Matthias
on: December 8, 2018, 20:17

Could you elaborate more on symptoms? Does it ever connect? Does it connect but doesnt respond to commands?
thanks!

Hi
okay I did,
1 install the Driver (SiLabsUSBDriverDisk.dmg) from https://www.silabs.com/products/development-tools/software/usb-to-uart-bridge-vcp-drivers, to use the Controller from sandy, a view days ago.

2 In the controller by Sandy I can choose the Port (image1) /DEV/CU.SLAB_USBTOUART. Just this one works. /DEV/TTY.SLAB_USBTOUART don not work

3 then, I installed Melt today.

4 In Melt I can just choose /dev/tty.SLAB_USBtoUART. But its not connecting (image3)

5 than, out of nowhere, this window comes up. (image2) Not sure what it is saying.

Hopefully I can help 😉

gonzamoigu-
er
on: December 8, 2018, 22:47

Thanks Matthias. I see the problem is the library im using serialconnect defaults to only tty.*, excluding cu.*. Now, I'm no serial expert but I think i can hack a way around to have connections through cu. Can you write to me gonzamoiguer, i use the google mail, so I can send you a build to test this issue. thanks!

Matthias
on: December 9, 2018, 15:25

Okay, I sent you an email

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.043 seconds.