Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Invert Masked Colour
RussellR
Post Invert Masked Colour
on: September 4, 2018, 01:02

Is there any way to easily 'invert' the masked pixel?

Basically, I want to SELECT the colour to draw instead of selecting the colour to BYPASS.

Unless it's just me; this seems a lot more intuitive. I can load a single image, put in the pen colour I want to draw with and just click the corresponding colour. Works a lot better than having different drawings for each colour then having to load each image etc etc.

I'd assume that it would require an extra button in the processing interface to 'Clear Masked Colour' or to a button to 'Invert Mask'.

I can play with Arduino well enough however processing is foreign to me.

Let me know what you think.

sandy
Administrator
sandy
Post Re: Invert Masked Colour
on: September 5, 2018, 23:37

Thanks for your note - Sounds like a good plan to me. I've never paid much more attention to the masking past the first few times I used it, I didn't even think anybody used it to be honest.

Probably quite easy to do, and you're right that selecting colour would make it a lot easier to improvise with, rather than producing multiple separations. I'll have a closer look at the weekend.

sn

RussellR
on: September 14, 2018, 22:17

Nice man. I've sent you a PM regarding some problems Ive had on your forum too.

Did you have a chance to look at it?

RussellR
on: September 14, 2018, 22:31

Nope - couldn't PM you...
Here goes:

Gday Sandy,

I have tried a few times to login to talk about this but I've had a heap of problems logging in. I keep getting errors with the recapture verification. No matter what I do, I seem to fail the recapture verification.

I run a VPN (in my router) and two AdBlockers in Google Chrome. If I kill all of these processes I can login but it still goes through three to five recapture processes.

It kind of makes it difficult to login and after 10 or so mins of trying I give up.

sandy
Administrator
sandy
on: September 16, 2018, 01:56

The forum captcha might not be ideal for everyone, but the level of capcha'ing means I only have to kick/delete/cleanup spam every week as opposed to hundreds of times a day.

I've just pushed a change to https://github.com/euphy/polargraphcontroller that includes a new button to change how the mask works, so it either
1) does nothing
2) hides pixels that match the colour
3) hides pixels that _don't_ match the colour

I think 3 has the same effect as inverting - let me know if I've understood properly (sandy at polargraph co uk if you can't get onto the forum) and if it works for you!

It could really do with a better colour picker!

sn

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.015 seconds.