Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Compiling issues
shanghailo-
z
Post Compiling issues
on: September 3, 2018, 09:19

On Arduino 1.8.6 (Mac).
I have a RAMPS1.4 board + 2560, so will be compiling for that.

Using polargraph_server_polarshield vs _a1 as polarshield has the ifdef's for the ramps board, and _a1 doesn't.

Git cloned the repo polarshield repo, have copied the library files to my library folder.

Getting a lot of undefined's when I try to build -
eg

Users/lawrence/Documents/Arduino/Polargraph/polargraph_server_polarshield/polargraph_server_polarshield.ino: In function 'void setup()':
polargraph_server_polarshield:600:28: error: 'configuration_motorSetup' was not declared in this scope
polargraph_server_polarshield:601:36: error: 'eeprom_loadMachineSpecFromEeprom' was not declared in this scope
polargraph_server_polarshield:602:23: error: 'configuration_setup' was not declared in this scope
polargraph_server_polarshield:616:17: error: 'penlift_penUp' was not declared in this scope
polargraph_server_polarshield:618:16: error: 'sd_autorunSD' was not declared in this scope
/U

Something obvious that I'm missing?
Will try an older arduino version once that finishes downloading (China is being painful today for internet), and update if that works.
---
Update

Ok, 1.6.13 Arduino works.
Suggest add a note on the repo notes that its version sensitive 🙂

sandy
Administrator
sandy
Post Re: Compiling issues
on: September 3, 2018, 21:16

Hm! I wonder why? I last tried it in 1.8.5, worked fine there. Double hm!

Thanks for the update - I'll have a look in it.

(https://github.com/euphy/polargraph_server_polarshield/blob/master/README.md)

Good luck!

shanghailo-
z
on: September 5, 2018, 07:44

Have compiled and flashed the hex file, have processing working, and can talk to the board, and make servo, and motors move. Waiting on a large board, and some time to use a 3d printer so i can make the gondola, and some brackets. Happy with progress - I have movement, so its alive 😉

Getting some spurious reads from the non existent touchscreen in the logs though, even though LCD is commented out.
Will check into that later. Might be that you're using a pin thats in use elsewhere on the board.

More interested in an ESP version though, keen to see where you're going with that.
Pinouts would be nice for a start, although I can pull from the existing code on the repo.

sandy
Administrator
sandy
on: September 5, 2018, 23:49

Once I've got the firmware ironed out I intend to write up the ESP32 build as an instructable or at the very least a series of blogposts - it's actually really straightforward and easy to breadboard so the Polarshield v3 board itself is much less necessary than the old v2 was for the Arduino.

At the moment I'm just getting the ESP32 to be feature-complete compared to the old version, and I keep on coming across bits that I've forgotten about (like SD card reading, oops). As you probably know though, the ESP32 has got stacks of memory and horsepower so I really want to make it much more standalone eventually, able to read SVGs and bitmaps directly. The main problem I have with that is that I'm not good with programming of any real sophistication in C, so that might be a micropython project for another day.

Wireless is the other freebie with the ESP32. Not working on it yet, but I'm told (and I read) that a bluetooth serial port is reasonably reliable. I'm skeptical!

sn

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.013 seconds.