Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Polargraph v3.0/v3.1 case
greenmen
Post Polargraph v3.0/v3.1 case
on: January 17, 2020, 23:44

Hello all Tinkerers!

At the beginning I would like to thank Sandy for making such a great work of inventing hardware, firmware and software for Polargraph. This is wonderful project and I'm waiting with big smile on my face for all hardware parts to arrive so I could assembly my first Polargraph.

I almost collected all necessary parts. But I still lack an idea of case for this great controller.

My question is: are there any available stl/dwg/pdf designs that could be used as a case for Polargraph? I don't want to reinvent the wheel if it is not necessary.

Best looking case is of course Sandy's neat and sexy case. But it is not published, I'm quite sure that Sandy needed to put a lot of effort to prepare this good looking design of this case.

Does anybody have other idea how to enclose hardware and protects it from dust/ESD discharges?

Sandy that is great that You published hardware/firmware/software to open source community. If You are reading this I would like to support Your hard work with money - just tell me how 😀 (because Polargraphs are no longer available to buy). 🙂

sandy
Administrator
sandy
Post Re: Polargraph v3.0/v3.1 case
on: January 18, 2020, 01:04

Hi Greenmen, flattery will get you everywhere 🙂 Glad you'd enjoying the project, it's been a blast for me too. Almost all of the hardware designs are up in some form on github - mostly in https://github.com/euphy/polargraph_models

I've just uploaded the case parts for the PolargraphSD v3 there (https://github.com/euphy/polargraph_models/blob/master/polarshieldv3/flat%20parts%20v3.3%20copy.svg). Are you working around a v3 Polarshield or something else like a RAMPS board or an Adafruit board?

Just to let you know I do have a pile of unusued PCBs for PolargraphSD v3s, if anybody ones one, let me know. I don't have all the parts to populate the board any more, and of course it is SMT so a little tricky unless you've got the right kit to reflow them but happy to share.

sn

greenmen
on: January 18, 2020, 10:33

Sandy Thank You for swift reply, that was fast!

So much thank You for publishing .svg of this great looking enclosure!
I will derive parts from this file and 3D print them.
When I will be done with all tinkering will let You know how it looks and works 🙂

I ordered production of 5 pcs Polarshield v.3.1 from JLCPCB for 2$ using gerbers that You have published in github.
Digging threw Your euphy github account and forum for some weeks now searching for knowledge. Everything nicely arranged and easy to find - Thank You all for that!

lubos
lubos
on: September 3, 2020, 06:52

Hi, here https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3855238 I made one for the 3D print.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.02 seconds.