So I was excited to get the sample for the “final” version of the polarshield v1.5 through today, very nice… Except I noticed it only had traces on one side of the board! No traces on the bottom!
To have a board made, I produce a bunch of files, each one containing information about one layer of the board – silkscreen printing, soldermask, copper traces, cutting outline, drill holes etc – and zip them up (they’re also on github). I raced to check the files I had sent, and – crestfallen – spotted that I’d somehow managed to miss the bottom copper files.
Infuriating! The wasted money stings a bit, but the main penalty is that production is knocked back another two weeks, and it’s already been too long. I’m getting anxious, and making stupid mistakes like that really doesn’t help.