Slow delivery and buggy interrupts

Hello, thank you to the couple of you who have been waiting a long time for your machines, and are very patient.  I’m behind, for a couple of reasons: 1) New job means less flexibility in the short-term (don’t want to give a bad impression you know). 2) Worrying problem with the touch-screens.  They weren’t working.  Touches being registered, but position mangled, and then locking up the whole machine.  Not good.

Thanks to dc42 on the arduino forum, I think I have a solution.  Now, the real question that I am going to shy away from asking myself is “why did this only start happening now”.  I thought the lines that I find were causing the issue were inserted as a response to this problem in the first place.  But I could be wrong, lost in the mists of time now.  I wonder if slightly different manufacturing tolerances on the LCDs or the megas have led to a slightly different behaviour.  I have moved to using the new UTouch libraries instead of the ITDB02_Touch ones (more or less the same).  As ever, the updated code is in the code repo.  I haven’t packaged it up, because I’m not clear that the code in the current release zip is causing any problems.  At any rate, it’s only the touch-screen stuff that’s the issue.

Anyway, so that’s 3) The solution.  And big news: 4) I have a workshop now!  I’ve rented a studio in Art’s Complex in Edinburgh – this should give me better separation of business and pleasure and lead to routine stuff (kitting) being done faster – or at least at a more reliable pace.   Thanks!

2 thoughts on “Slow delivery and buggy interrupts

  1. Hey Sandy, I just want to express my appreciation for all the work you’ve done in 2012. It was this time last year when I first got the motors moving on my machine, and since then I’ve had loads of fun with my robot companion. You’ve made my home a more interesting place. Thank you! I can’t wait to see what 2013 holds in store for us.

Comments are closed.